I feel really, really lucky. Why? I know so many people who have barely paid on their student loans at all. Which is not to say that it’s been easy for me, I just know that it could be much, much worse. I think most of my classmates acknowledge that our law school employment statistics are not close to what we see in real life, and I am no exception, which makes me curious what “realistic” employment statistics would look like. And, in the interests of seeing the bigger economic picture, I’m curious how new lawyers are really dealing with their debt burden.If you graduated from law school in the last 10 years, please take our Practice Blawg survey below. Are you part of the 25% of new lawyers in temporary jobs? Or are you working two jobs to make ends meet? We’d like to know so we can push this discussion further.
Hable is a 2008 graduate of William Mitchell for what it's worth regarding her "luck."
The survey is anonymous. It asks for basic employment information on work, loans, etc. I strongly encourage readers who qualify (graduated from law school in the last 10 years) to fill it out regardless of your current employment/loan repayment situation, especially Minnesota Bar members who may pass by here.
NALP counts bagging groceries as "employment." This should be an improvement.
ReplyDelete