Lawyers make up 30 percent to 40 percent of Cohen’s clients, and all of them graduated from law school in the last five to 10 years. “The fact that I have a practice based on student loans is ludicrous,” Cohen told the Hartford Business Journal.No kidding, but when you think about it, someone had to do it. And frankly, I'm kind of happy it was a TTT/TTTT graduate and not some BigLaw layoff from NYU or a veteran boomer whose real estate practice crashed.
Debtors helping debtors work with the monied elite. Is there a better fact situation to explain today's America, or tomorrow's legal reality? And as an aside, anyone want to partner with me to open a student loan counseling service?
Have you seen Subprime JD's latest post? Maybe you and he could work on class-action suits against dishonest law schools!
ReplyDeleteDear J-Dog,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I didn't find this sooner. I was just being narcisitic wondering what people find on google when they type my name, and here is your blog. Thanks for the covereage. To answer your aside about opening a student loan counseling service...that's what I do...as a lawyer. That means I get to sue the companies screwing up =) Negotiating student loan debt is really not what I do...because as you probably know, there isn't much to negotiate. Getting people back on track, yeah, that's what I do. So feel free to reach out to me...lets talk...there is plenty of room for more student loan lawyers.
The Student Loan Lawyer =)