I feel when a blog starts out, something profound needs to be said.
I frankly have nothing substantive beyond these five words, which have been said (or implied) by numerous others with more experience and qualification than myself: the legal field is fucked.
To repeat for effect: there are too many law schools, they fudge their employment numbers, they charge too much, there are too many graduates for not enough jobs, what people do work as attorneys are miserable, and people - on the whole - hate attorneys.
It is an inconvenient truth for those of us who have devoted years of our lives to legal study and practice that the system we work in has taken the law from being a dignified, educated profession to being a clusterfuck of a white collar nightmare.
The purpose of this blog, as the title states, is to help restore dignity to the law. This is not a simple nosebleed that can be stopped with a kleenex. It is, instead, major reconstructive surgery done while the body is massively hemorrhaging and fraught with multiple infections.
But with a positive attitude that welcomes people inside of law and out, perhaps we as a group can restore dignity to the law.
Wow. That's a tall order. Although I heartily endorse your quest! I look forward to your ideas on the subject.
ReplyDelete